Principal Responsibilities / Duties:
· Plan, direct, coordinate and control the engineering aspects of the project from the site office, including additional drawings modification etc.
· Ensure that company’s interests are protected always.
· Carry out special investigations and engineering studies including participating in feasibility studies as required for the project and any additional work thereof.
· Develop and finalize in coordination with the project manager the definitions of the following for the entire project:
- Scope of work
- Basic and detailed Engineering data
- Strategy to deal with subcontractors
- Basic Engineering info to develop BOQ for estimation purposes
- Understand and properly interpret contract specs
· Provide the project management with the technical expertise in regards to:
- Pre qualification of Engineers/ Contractors/ Vendors
- Preparation of scope of Services
- Answering queries to suppliers and procurement
- Development of method statements
· Provide the project management with the engineering and design expertise in support of:
- Project management activities
- Implementation of engineering standards, systems and procedures: Concrete, Steel Structure, and Shoring etc.
- Information management, telecommunication and computer assisted systems
· Ensure cost effective solutions in engineering design are adopted while maintaining quality in construction, operation and maintenance.
· Supervise the structural design activities performed on site provided by consultants and subcontractors.
· Review and comment on technical documentation of the client and highlight changes and recommend necessary action for variations and claims etc.
· Participate and provide technical expertise during the construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning and hand over of completed work
· Coordinate and ensure that subcontractors and suppliers design activities are relevant to the specifications and scope of work and the project
· Review IDC, IFA, IFC drawings and calculations for optimum design and report major non optimal designs by client to project management
· Assist the construction superintendent is resolving site technical queries and other site related matters.
· Make the necessary amendments, issue as built drawings and project designs completion report.
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering or equivalent in the field of specialization
B. Professional Education
- In-depth knowledge of project engineering, project construction and recognized practices and principals.
· Project management level skills, development coherent team to achieve strong presence and recognition within the project members, consultants, subcontractors and client.
· Expand project base with efficiency and professional performance.
· Computer literate and fluency in oral and written English (Arabic is an advantage),
· Experience of at least 6 to 7 years in preparation of civil drawings preferably to Oil & Gas construction project, refineries and should have worked in the Middle East in particular the Gulf countries.
· Able to properly prepare basic reports and develop BOQs, Bar Bending Schedule, shop drawing and reports, as built Drawings and project design completion reports.
· Skillful at using all computers related programs: like STAAD, AUTO Cad and design related programs
· Excellent communication skills; able to perform within a multicultural and multi-task environment; Thorough and meticulous on specifications and details, able to work under pressure within a multicultural and multifunctional environment.
· Excellent command of English language (Arabic is a great asset). Thorough and meticulous on specification and details.
· Decisive, well balanced and details oriented
· Analyse and resolve work obstacles and drawings in professional and clear manner
· Accountability and self-management.